Sweet Potato Quiche- Gluten and Grain Free!
Sweet Potato Quiche- I am always looking for new recipes my family will eat and enjoy, this recipe did not disappoint! The sweet potato crust brings a nice balance to the savory filling and it’s loaded with seasonal produce that should be easy to find any time of the year. You can adjust this recipe to be vegetarian by substituting the bacon with mushrooms or tofu. This is a perfect dish to offer at gatherings where guest may have gluten or dietary issues. You can make-ahead and just reheat before serving.
- Sweet Potato Quiche Recipe- gluten and grain free
- 2 Medium sweet Potatoes or 1 large
- 6 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 Cups of Spinach (chopped)
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 2 oz Feta Cheese
- 1/2 lb of Cooked Bacon (crumbled) Reserve Greese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Heat oven to 400°
- Cook Bacon and reserve greese
- Peel and shred sweet potatoes and press in a greased pie pan to form a pie crust. Place in oven and bake for 20 mins.
- Saute sliced onions in bacon grease
- Chop and add spinach to onions and cook until wilted
- Add milk, eggs, salt and pepper and stir.
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven and lower temperature to 375°
- Pour spinach and onions in pie shell, add eggs.
- Crumble feta and bacon and sprinkle over eggs
- Place on pie pan and bake for 25-30 mins until eggs set
- Let cool and enjoy!
Sweet Potato Quiche (Pictured Below)
- Shred Sweet Potatoes, press in greased pie dish and bake.
- Chop spinach and saute with onions in reserved bacon grease
- Pour ingredients in sweet potato pie crust, top with crumbled bacon and feta cheese, bake and enjoy!