Easy Homemade Butter that anyone can make in 5 mins
Have you ever made butter before? Do you know what is in the butter you buy at the store or how old it is? Now you can make your own delicious easy homemade butter in less than 5 minutes, and you don’t even need a cow!
Easy Homemade Butter Recipe
- 1 Pint Heavy Cream (from your cow, goat or buy from the store)
- 1/8 tsp Salt *
- Pour Cold Heavy Cream into blender or food processor and blend for 4-5 mins.
- Keep blending until butter forms and milk separates from cream.
- Drain Buttermilk off of butter
- Save buttermilk for pancakes or biscuits (recipe below)
- Place butter in bowl and run cold water over the butter to rinse the butter until water runs clear.
- Use the back of a spoon or spatula to press any water/milk out of the butter. Do this until water runs clear and you can not press any more liquid out.
- Mix salt in butter * optional
- Store in a container in the fridge up to one week or in freezer for up to a couple of months.
Bonus Recipe: Buttermilk Pancakes
- Buttermilk Pancake Recipe
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil (or coconut oil)
- ¾ cup all- purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Mix wet ingredients.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients into the well.
- Stir until just mixed, and then pour by 1/4 cups into hot, oiled skillet.
- When top of pancake has bubbles, turn to cook other side.