…Mr. Hanway endeavours to show, that the consumption of tea is injurious to the interest of our country…. he is to expect little justice from the author of this extract, a hardened and shameless tea drinker, who has for twenty years diluted his meals with only the infusion of this fascinating plant, whose kettle has scarcely time to cool, who with tea amuses the evening, with tea solaces the midnight, and with tea welcomes the morning. ~Samuel Johnson, 1757
Tea To-Go Kit: Budget-Friendly DIY Gifts
The perfect gift for the tea lover on your list! This travel tin is so easily to stored, you can take it anywhere and never be without your favorite tea. Great gift for: friends, family, co-workers, hair dressers, teachers, just about anyone who loves the taste of a good cup of tea. Super easy to make and very affordable, this adorable gift is sure to please everyone.
When you make something for someone you are giving them a gift of time, and that is the most precious gift we can give.
“Time is your most precious gift because you only have a set amount of it. You can make more money, but you can’t make more time. When you give someone your time, you are giving them a portion of your life that you’ll never get back. Your time is your life. That is why the greatest gift you can give someone is your time. The best way to spell love is “T-I-M-E.”
– Rick Warren
So how do you show someone you care about them without breaking the bank? Easy, make your own budget-friendly gifts!
To see a complete list of 20 amazing, budget-friendly gifts you can make for under $1.00 click here! Each gift is affordable, thoughtful, easy to make, and the receiver will appreciate it.
Tea To-Go Supplies
- Place 1-2 teaspoons of loose leaf tea in the empty tea bag (or according to instructions on tea container), make two to four tea bags depending on the size of your tin
- Put tea bags in tin and add honey straws
- Print a label of ingredients and cut to fit on the inside of the tin
- You can paint the tin with chalk paint/flat black paint and write on the outside with a permanent chalk pen
Other ingredient ideas
- Small Candy Cane
- Sugar Packets
- Dried lemon or orange rinds
- Rose petals (edible ones)