Spread the love
Skillet Herbed Chicken & Tomatoes
This simple dish taste as good as it looks. Pallet-pleasing flavors and eye catching colors, this is sure to be one of your families staples.
Skillet herbed Chicken & Tomatoes Ingredients
- 1-1/2 pounds thin-sliced chicken, boneless
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves or 3 1/2 TBS of Fresh basil
- 1 1/2 garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- 3 tablespoons flour, divided
- 2-3 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil, divided
- 1 finely chopped small onion
- 1 [14.5 oz can] diced tomatoes, drained OR dice 5 fresh tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half [milk will work!]
- 8 ounces pasta, spaghetti, linguine
- Cook pasta according to package. Drain well, saving a cup or so of pasta water. Cooked pasta has a way of ‘tightening up’!
- Mix seasoning in a small bowl. Reserve 2 teaspoons in a small bowl.
- Stir 2 tablespoons flour into remaining seasoning.
- Coat chicken in flour mixture. There will be some flour mixture remaining, throw this away.
- In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil on medium heat. Add chicken, cooking 2 minutes per side until browned and cooked thoroughly.
- Add additional oil if needed. Removed chicken, keep warm.
- Using same skillet, add 1 tablespoon oil, add onion, stirring for 3 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon flour. Add drained tomatoes, stock and remaining seasoning mixture.
- Bring this to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in half-and-half. Returning chicken to skillet and cook until heated.
Serve with pasta – oh my is this yummy!