Okra Santa Ornaments: Budget-Friendly DYI Gifts
Preserve a part of your garden (or your neighbors garden) by making Santa’s out of dried okra, this adorable Santa is sure to generate conversation. You can share with friends about your garden and your favorite okra recipe, they will think about you every time they hang this cute gift on their tree. If you already have paint, this gift is free to make!
- Dried Okra
- Paint Brush
- Twine, String, or Yarn
- Dry okra thoroughly. It should be brown, hard, and you can hear the seeds rattle on the inside
2. Paint the entire pod red, make sure to get into all of the grooves
3. After red paint is completely dry, paint flesh tone for face
4. When the face is dry, add all of the white for had, beard and mustache
5. Finish by adding the facial features: eyes, nose, cheeks, mouth and holly
6. You can glue twine, raffia, yard, or wire to the top so you can hand the ornament OR leave the stalk on it (pictures on the dry okra) to arrange your Okra Santa’s in wreaths.