Chocolate Cups- turn the ordinary into extraordinary!
What fun AND so easy to create!
Chocolate Cup Ingredients
- 1 bag semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- 1 bag white chocolate chips
- 2 microwave safe bowls
- Small balloons (snag at a party or dollar store)
- Parchment or waxed paper
- Cookie sheet
Chocolate Cup Directions
- Place the semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips in one of the bowls and microwave 30 seconds at a time.
- Stir. Be patient – repeat until just melted, being careful not to scorch the chocolate.
- Repeat in a separate bowl for the white chocolate chips.
- Blow up a balloon to the size you want your chocolate cup (gently wash balloon and rinse thoroughly, dry)
- Mix the melted chips in one bowl, lightly mix/stir (variegate-what a BIG word!). * See other option
- Dip a blown balloon in the mixture
- Place on the parchment, harden in refrigerator
- Remove, cut the balloon with scissors and delicately remove the deflated balloon by pulling it away from the sides of the chocolate.
Here’s where your imagination can fly……
- Keep the chips separate, dip the one side of a balloon in the semi-sweet chips. Please on the parchment paper, refrigerate until set.
- Remove, dip the other side in the white chips. Place again on the parchment paper, refrigerate until set.
- Again, remove, cut the balloon and delicately pull the deflated balloon away from the sides of the newly created bowl.
WOW with what these can be used for – a bridal or baby shower, anniversary, brunch……….. and the options of what can be placed in them……. cooled puddings, flavored mousse, various seasonal berries, cubed pound cake. OH the possibilities are endless! They are rather delicate, but so beautiful.
photography by davesmithphotographer.com